Recent Post Number

Recent

Number of Posts

Related Post Number

Random Post Number

Carousel+

[success][carousel][4]

Sonya Yoncheva: Success is very transient

by - 03 June

Meet Sonya Yoncheva, the Bulgarian opera prima who conquered the world.


Ruven Afanador


Sonya Yoncheva is a star who has shined at such venues as Metropolitan Opera, Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, La Scala, Staatsoper Berlin, Bavarian State Opera, Wiener Staatsoper and Opera Nationale de Paris. She has become one of the most sought-after sopranos. She has sang opposite such world-renowned stars as Placido Domingo, Dmitri Hvorostovski, Sting, Jonas Kaufmann, Thomas Hampson and Antonio Pappano. The Bulgarian singer ranks among the select few in the history of Metropolitan Opera who took part in three performances within one season.

I talked to her a few years ago. Here is part of my interview with her discussing what is success, what does it take and what does it give.  

 
Success is something very transient. Because if this evening I sing well, this doesn't mean that in 2 days it will be the same. Success is something that should be proved every time being on the scene. We are never sure of it.
So the success leads us to a huge inner reflection. And it makes us always searching: to see if we are good enough,  to look for new highs and new inspirations. So it gives me that passion for more.
But on the other hand it takes from me so much of my time. The time I would want to dedicate to my son at the moment but it's not possible. This is a huge price that I should pay.
But at the same time the two things are complementing one another. Because they are two big love stories. The first one is to my son, my family and my husband. And the other one is to my work. So I can't live without them both. Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

You May Also Like

0 коментара

Comments system