Recent Post Number

Recent

Number of Posts

Related Post Number

Random Post Number

Carousel+

[success][carousel][4]

Top 3 Qualities of Highly Successful People

by - 02 September


Jordan Belfort is a former stockbroker, author and motivational speaker. He gained notoriety in the 2013 movie “The Wolf of Wall Street.” The Martin Scorcese-directed film was based on Belfort’s memoir, which detailed his life. 
In this talk he gave some years ago Belfort revealed the 3 top traits of highly successful people.      
So much of being successful in life not just as a business person but in life in general is is the ability to get yourself to do the things that you know you have to do even when you don't feel like doing them day in and day out. Because so much of success is sort of you have to just do things and you know you might not be in the mood, you might not feel great about it, you might have not slept that well tonight or it just might be boring to you, but someone that truly wants to succeed has the ability to get themselves to do what they have to do even when they don't want to day in and day out. That's number one for sure.
The second quality which is a absolute must is the ability to influence and persuade and this is not something that I say - and obviously I'm well known as being someone who teaches people how to become more effective persuaders, more effective sales people. If you look at Warren Buffett, any of Warren Buffett's interviews, he will always say that in his own life what really changed him, what allowed him to to get where he wanted to go, was learning how to become an effective influencer and persuader. He was not a natural salesperson and when he was going out into the business world, he was aware of that and because of that awareness he actually went out and took a course in persuasion. And it changed his life. I have a little slide, a video I play of Warren Buffett being interviewed and he says that he has all these diplomas from college and graduate school but the only diploma he keeps on his wall is from some little persuasion course he took when he was 22 years old. Because it changed his life. So that's the second thing.
And the third thing I would say for all people wanted to succeed is beliefs. A certain set of beliefs in yourself, about money and success. See there are certain sets of beliefs that lead people to - this is inner game stuff that lead people to succeed in life, beliefs like: I am the master of my own destiny, I control my life, I am not a creature of circumstances. Some people have beliefs like: money is the root of all evil - not a very good belief to have if you want to get rich. Or if I get rich I'll lose my friends. If I get rich I'll become greedy. Those are beliefs that stop people. Another example of beliefs that help people are for instance that: if I become rich I can give back and I can help the world, that I can essentially secure my future through hard work and essentially create the world that I want. So without empowering beliefs it's very difficult to succeed. Because what happens is - we're defined by our beliefs, if we don't believe we can do something, we don't even try it, so if you have negative beliefs about money and success, you simply shy away from it. I'm not really sure about Bulgaria', what your beliefs are, but in some parts of the world, the country has actually lots of limiting beliefs. In Australia for instance, where I do a lot of work, there's a belief that if I stick out and make too much money, people will dislike me. And it's not a good thing. They call it "the tall poppy syndrome". You don't want to be the tall pop, you want to sort of blend in with the crowd. And the fact of the matter is when it comes to wealth and success, it's very hard to blend in, you have to be a leader, you have to be able to put yourself out there. So if you have a belief that if I do that, it's bad in some way, you typically won't take the actions that you should take.

You May Also Like

0 коментара

Comments system